Avum recognizes there are significant IT issues in the health care industry. Handling patient records efficiently and effectively is necessary for cost control. Coupled with the growing push for common record formats and data portability, HIPAA mandates information and records security. Gathering, storing, and distributing electronic images instead of film is increasingly important. Rapid technology change is enabling new kinds of devices for real-time patient data capture, care provider information display and mobile connectivity within hospitals. All of this is occurring in the foreground of a dynamically changing legal and regulatory environment.
To address this complex and interrelated set of healthcare challenges, we build teams of highly specialize large and small business to deliver high value IT healthcare services in the following areas:
Avum helps you to leverage emerging technology to grow your business while ensuring HIPAA compliance.
- IT Services for Research and Healthcare - We operate and maintain IT systems, equipment, software, and the processes and procedures they support to directly support researchers and healthcare providers.
- CIO Support - We support organizational process modification required by changing laws, regulations, and polices.
- Imaging and image processing - We build systems that collect, store, catalog, and display digital images on computers and personal electronic devices.
- Outsourcing - We manage and operate IT resources and provide IT business functions to commercial and government clients.
- IT Operations and Maintenance - We operate and maintain IT systems, keeping them current with supported vendor releases and applications software upgrades for mainframes, PC-client/server, network processors, and other network equipment.
- Integration - We have taken ownership of commercial and custom components, modifying them as necessary, and combined them into large systems while adapting (or re-engineering) existing business processes to the customer's business environment.
- Infrastructure Protection and Information Assurance - We protect information and information systems by ensuring confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability, restoration, authentication, non-repudiation, protection, detection, and monitoring.
- Digital Government - We have created highly accessible, digital, electronic systems to replace paper-based services; re-engineering, rather than replicating those services.
- Enterprise Management Systems - We have integrated financial, manufacturing, and logistic applications to control, monitor, and coordinate business activities.
- Software Development - We have created customized software and database applications to engineer solutions when an off-the-shelf application was not available.