As a Microsoft Certified Partner, Avum’s Microsoft solutions division focuses on delivering top performing technology solutions utilizing Microsoft product suites. Our goal is to reduce customer Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by providing tightly knit integration between the desktop, office applications, messaging systems, business applications and back end database solutions. When providing architecture and design services, Avum takes extra time to understand the customer's vision, ensuring the technical solution is in line with the vision of today and scalable to tomorrow's vision.
One of the key advantages to using end-to-end Microsoft solutions is the ease of integration with ERP, CRM (Dynamics), Business Intelligence (SQL Server and MOSS) and custom software development (.Net). Avum has provided Microsoft implementations at SMBs of 60 employees to large scale enterprise operations with offices all over the world. These experiences have helped us to understand the importance of aligning the technology with business goals and designing the solution to be durable, agile and scalable.
Avum's core Microsoft competencies
- Windows server management, security and maintenance (Win2000 – 2008) - Avum has successfully managed datacenters with over 250 wintel servers.
- Custom Windows and web application development - Avum engineers have designed, implemented and maintained a wide variety of applications ranging from .NET web portals with clustered SQL Server for the data tier to stand alone desktop and mobile applications.
- IIS web server configuration and administration (Content Switch configuration) - Avum has configured stand-alone web servers for small business applications as well and multi-server web farms using content switches (F5, Piranha, Cisco)
- Microsoft Cluster Services and High Availability - Avum has designed MS high Availability solutions using MSCS with SQL server, Exchange, and DFS.
- SQL Server 2005 and 2008 products (SSAS cube design and implementation, SSIS custom ETL packages to aggregate data from disparate systems, SSRS end user reporting) - Avum has BI staff members who are passionate about the Microsoft SQL server suite and how leveraging all the components can deliver a robust cost effective Business Intelligence solution to the customer. Leveraging MOSS will also add value.
- Active Directory design and maintenance (Custom GPOs, DNS and AD replication) - Avum has provided AD design and support to many customers with complex AD domains.
- Windows XP, Vista, and Win7 desktop best practices and management - Through the years of working with numerous customers Avum has developed process and procedures for Microsoft desktop management that will reduce virus and "break fix" incidents and improve PC performance.
- Windows Small Business Server - Avum has provided small business with technical solutions that have allowed them to implement enterprise class procedures for document sharing, disaster recovery and security.
- Exchange server configuration, deployment management and maintenance
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and 2010 (MOSS 2007 and 2010) - Utilize MOSS as the customer one stop shop portal for internal document sharing and interdepartmental collaboration.