- Created: Tuesday, 16 September 2014 17:20
Job Title: Project Manager Analyst
Location: Washington, DC
About this Job:
Avum, Inc. is seeking a Technical Project Manager/ Analyst to provide highly qualified, functional and technical expertise and data analysis support.
Avum, being a small company, offers the candidate the opportunity to learn and gain experience by participating in a variety of activities that pertain to working in the government contracting industry. The ideal candidate will be an innovative, effective professional with a solid technical background who is motivated to learn and grow with the company.
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens and be able to pass a background investigation.
- Function as a project manager and technical analyst on projects for DoD clients providing requirements analysis, design, business intelligence, reporting and documentation
- Support customer initiatives to define, develop, and deploy Acquisition Technology solutions
- Assist with IT portfolio management tasks for a portfolio of 70+ systems and applications
- Perform detailed analysis of electronic procurement data to provide executable information for change management and policy determination/ enforcement
- Support technical efforts to incorporate multiple procurement data sources into Enterprise reporting and analytic tools
- Assist with procurement data integrity/ policy compliance automation efforts
- Perform outreach and education surrounding data standards and policy to the user community
- Work with customer and project team members to gather and implement requirements (system and user)
- Work effectively and monitor progress continuously to facilitate proactive resolution of potential problems and mitigate risk
- Meet service deadlines for project deliverables and provide proactive status of task/subtask completion
- Coordinate work across teams if necessary
BASIC SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical knowledge and/or proven, continuous willingness to research and develop an understanding of the required project subject matter
- Ability to work in collaboration with other team members, or work independently to meet project requirements and expectations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- An innate ability to communicate effectively with technical, operational, and management audiences with broad and varied backgrounds
- Ability to provide thoughtful leadership for project analyses and process improvement activities
- Ability to work independently or in collaboration with other team members at every corporate level to meet project requirements and expectations
- US Citizenship
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Active Secret Level Clearance
- Experience with Department of Defense contract work
- SAP BusinessObjects AdHoc Reporting
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
Primary place of performance shall be greater Washington, DC area.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business field and 5+ years of experience working or an appropriate combination of education and experience
Commensurate with experience. Position is full time and is salaried with benefits.
Avum Inc. is a small, industry-leading engineering business that has been successfully providing advanced systems and IT solutions to its DOD, U.S. military and commercial customers for over 20 years. Its expertise is in process streamlining and re-engineering, application design, development and implementation, information assurance, intelligent agent cyber security, and large-scale database sustainment in mission-critical and secure environments. Through results-driven, agile collaboration, the company continually researches and deploys secure solutions that exceed customer expectations in meeting or beating customer-allocated budgets and schedules. We aspire to the highest standards of ethical behavior and professional integrity in providing our customers with service that consistently earns us the highest possible performance ratings.