- Created: Tuesday, 20 May 2014 20:25
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Location: Agoura Hills, CA
About this job:
Avum, Inc. is seeking an entry level, full-time Project Manager to manage a number of Avum's development, maintenance, and certification and accreditation projects. Avum works with many government and commercial entities, providing a unique opportunity to gain experience across a very diverse domain.
The position requires direct coordination with customer/Avum technical staff, and other customer points of contact and industry partners while managing development projects. In addition to coordinating and supporting meetings, the candidate will gain experience managing teams and ensuring on time execution and delivery of work products. Any Project Management experience is a major plus, but Avum is looking for capable individuals who seek training in this area.
Avum is looking for a college graduate who is looking to expand his/her career. Though this position is for a Project Manager, Avum, being a small company, offers the candidate the opportunity to perform a variety of tasks related to running a company. The successful candidate will be intimately involved in the planning and execution of company goals, including preparation of proposals for new business, business analysis, documentation, and a variety of activities which require an innovative person who is motivated to learn and grow with the company. It is important that the candidate feels comfortable spearheading proposal efforts, thus adequate writing skills are a must. The main requirement for this position is for someone who has the capability and desire to learn and master many skills.
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens and be able to pass a background investigation. Ability to travel if need be is also a possibility.
- Provide analysis, research, planning, technical and analytical support for requirements definition, development, acquisition, information assurance, configuration management, fielding, sustainment, operations and maintenance documentation.
- Develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), monitor mitigation plans (POA&Ms), and implementation timelines through collaboration with the project stakeholders on multiple projects.
- Serve as the primary customer interface to ensure customer satisfaction. Ensures contractual and corporate compliance of work performed. Plans, directs and monitors program budget. Interprets and executes policies that affect individual employees of the unit.
- Lead in-house and customer meetings to ensure timely project completion and customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to the bid and proposal process: finding new work opportunities, producing the work proposal, and putting a team together to accomplish the task.
- Be extremely thorough and detail oriented during all aspects of work.
- Assist Avum staff and executives with all company documentation and procedure maintenance.
- Act as a liaison and communicates with customers and business contacts.
- Work independently or as a member of a team on special and ongoing projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work in collaboration with other developers on a team, or work independently to meet project requirements and client expectations.
- Excellent oral and written communications with the ability to present and explain technical information.
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing both routine and complex projects/programs.
- Experience developing technical solutions to complex problems that require the use of ingenuity and creativity, including the ability to work across diverse geographical and organizational support models.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical, operational, and management audiences.
- Clearly document and present findings, including creation of diagrams and procedure documentation.
- Provide thoughtful leadership for project analyses and process improvement activities. • Develop, document and maintain systems or software development life cycles (SDLC) and project management processes and procedures.
- Experience writing proposals and/or in LaTeX a plus but not required.
- Interview, staff, and train staff to provide quality results for the customer.
- Apply experience in Microsoft suite of products, including MS Project, MS Office Microsoft (specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Work effectively with both Mac and Windows operating systems and applications.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: The primary place of performance shall be at Agoura, California.
1-5 years professional experience desirable. College degree required, preferably in Business Administration or a related field.
Commensurate with experience. Position is full time, and is salaried, with benefits.
To send an application, click here. Be sure to read the 'Application Instructions' section after you click the link.